Food + Drink
published : 2023-10-13
How to Create a Spooky Halloween Charcuterie Board with a Prop Skull
Take your Halloween party to the next level with this spooky and creative charcuterie board
Halloween is just around the corner, and if you're hosting a party, we've got a recipe that will take your charcuterie board game up a notch.
Picture this: a small charcuterie board featuring a skull wrapped in prosciutto as the star of the show. It's easy, it's affordable, and it's absolutely spooky!
Michelle Madison of Michelle Madison Lifestyle in California was inspired to create a DIY Halloween charcuterie board on a budget. She wanted to show others how fun and creative you can get with the grazing trend. And let me tell you, she hit the nail on the head.
Hosting Halloween doesn't have to break the bank. Most of the supplies for this charcuterie board were just $1. It's perfect for you if you're on a budget or if you simply want to experiment. Plus, it's an activity that both kids and adults will enjoy!
So, here’s how you can serve your Halloween party guests a charcuterie board with a unique and spooky twist:
Ingredients and Supplies:
- Serving board/tray
- Prop skull
- 4 oz prosciutto, sliced
- 1 lb moon grapes
- 1 bag (8 oz) of cubed mild cheddar cheese
- 10 oz cracker-cut Swiss cheese
- 8 oz salami, sliced
- 2 oz bag of Brownie Brittle or chocolate of choice
- 10 oz bag of cut black licorice
- 1 box of entertainment crackers
- 2 oz almonds
- 8 oz spreadable smoked gouda
- 1 bottle of purple food coloring
- 1 prop syringe
1. Clean and dry the prop skull before placing it towards the center back on the desired serving tray.
2. Place prosciutto slices individually on the skull, tearing slices as needed to cover the face. You can choose to leave the eyes uncovered for an extra eerie effect. Then, line up the crackers on one side of the serving tray.
3. On the opposite side of the serving tray, arrange the cubed mild cheddar cheese. In front of the skull, place the moon grapes, creating a spooky backdrop. Beside the skull, lay out the sliced salami, separating them into a line. Finally, layer the cracker-cut Swiss cheese behind the salami slices.
4. Now, it's time to fill in the open spaces on the board. Add almonds, Brownie Brittle (or your preferred chocolate), black licorice, or any other additional items you like. Get creative with your choices!
5. To add an extra creepy touch, mix the spreadable smoked gouda cheese with a drop of purple food coloring. Make sure the color is evenly distributed. Then, fill the prop syringe with the colored cheese mixture.
6. Place the filled syringe in front of the crackers on the serving tray, creating a spooky surprise.
And there you have it! Your very own spooky Halloween charcuterie board complete with a prop skull. It's the perfect centerpiece for your Halloween party and is sure to impress your guests.
Feel free to mix and match the ingredients based on your personal preferences. Remember, the more creative you get, the spookier the board will be!
So go ahead and try out this eerie charcuterie creation. Your Halloween party will be elevated to a whole new level of spooky fun!
For more Lifestyle articles, visit www.foxnews.com/lifestyle.